Sunday, January 2, 2011

Winter means NO Crowds and the "Spawn" is here!


Hello my fellow fishers, its winter time, the mighty Colorado is quit and as peaceful as it gets. The spawn has been going for about a month now, I know its hard to believe but they started earlier this year and we have been seeing some BIG fish on beds. I had a cancellation the other day, so I went out and fished the day on my own, for me it was one of my most memorable days, I caught my first German brown (16'') at Lee's Ferry. He was mixed in among the rainbows in full spawning colors. I fished for about 4 hours and landed about a dozen fish. The drifting is good, most wading is good, sight fishing the reds is good, the fish are taking egg patterns, San Juan worms (in live colors), and of course the ol' zebra midge, with the occasional scud mixed in. This is one of my favorite times of the year to be out, so if you don't mind a little cold and would like to fish Lee's Ferry, this is the time. Contact us if we can be of service. Thank You: Mick Lovett
For More Details, Visit Home at http://www.LeesFerryFlyFishing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment