Thursday, September 10, 2009

fishing report 9/10/09

Hello everyone, The feel of fall is in the air. The temperature is perfect,water levels are perfect the catching is great. The only thing missing is you. The time to be at Lees Ferry is now.The fishing at every spot we try has been a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10.I have been using midges 100 percent of the time. Now here is the trick. I call it the midging rig. You tie on 40'' of 6x tippet,tie a size 16 zebra midge,add 22'' of 6x and then tie on a grey Cristal midge in a size 18 . If you feel you need some weight put it dead center between the zebra and your very small indicator. I use a pulsa pinch on. It will be put on the knot where you tied your 6x to your 5x leader.With this rig you can effectively fish anywhere from 0 to 5' of water. Try it and let me know how it works for you. I know I always say this, but a heavy sink tip line and a olive woolly bugger has been working very well. Have one rigged up and try it on the deep end of every spot you fish. I have my clients do this after were done fishing the bar and before we move on to the next spot. Last week this tactic produced three 18''ers in three consecutive cast. So give us a call and come see us. I look forward to fishing with. Until then good fishing! Rocky For More Details, Visit Home at http://www.LeesFerryFlyFishing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment